This is a highly coarse sedimentary rock formed through the intense lithification and consolidation of gravel. It usually contains fine grain sediments like sand, clay, etc.
Qualities of Conglomerate
- it has dull luster
- highly porous
- opaque in nature
- variable hardness (about 2-3 on the Mohs scale)
Benefits of Conglomerate
- somewhat durable
- requires little or no maintenance
- Uses of Conglomerate
- used for floor tiles, decorative aggregates in homes and offices
- Used as building or garden stones
- Used for curbing
- Also used in cement manufacture and as dimension stone for industrial construction purposes
- Used in cemetery markers etc.
Contact Re-Vive stonecare for all your conglomorite repair, restoration and installation needs from worktops to floors and features and decorative stonework. 01279 315545 or mobile 0773 7655871