Expert slate restoration and repair
Problems encountered include
- Acid damage
Re-vive Stone specialises in –
- Slate cleaning
- Slate polishing
- Repairing slate
- Slate restoration
- Sealing and maintaining slate
Periodic deep cleaning and re-sealing should be carried out and any structural repairs attended to prevent additional damage. Surface damage or scratches can be polished out. Slate should be sealed with a fully breathable sealer.
Care and attention for your slate:
- Do provide a good barrier mat in high foot fall areas
- Do brush sweep or vacuum regularly to remove dirt and grit that acts like abrasive sandpaper on your stone
- Do regularly clean with a mild detergent and rinse thoroughly
- Do clean up spots or spills immediately to prevent permanent staining
- Do not drag heavy furniture to prevent deep scratches especially on softer darker slate floors
- Do not use abrasive household scouring pads to remove stubborn marks
- Do not leave harsh chemical or soaps in contact with slate surfaces
At Re-vive we specialise in slate restoration and maintenance please call 07737655871 to discuss your needs and arrange a visit.
A Guide to Slate
Slate comes in many varieties of finishes and colours and is commonly used for roofing, counter tops, flooring and wall tiles, not to mention as a building material. Slate can be finished in a variety of textures, for example riven and tumble, providing a non slip and rustic appearance. Alternatively it can be finished with a smooth, sanded and even polished finish particularly for worktops, walls, stairs, sills, fire hearths or ornamental purposes.
Much of the slate available comes from many countries throughout the world and provides a variety of colours. From blue–grey, red-purple, green, black through to multi coloured such as African Gold multicolour slate and Vermelho.
Slate generally is relatively easy to clean and maintain being more durable and chemical resistant, however some of the softer grey-blue slates do scratch easily and can suffer from acid damage from cleaning products, organic soaps or foods and drinks.